How to Discover the True Meaning of the Holiday Season with Your Family
The holiday season is officially here and it feels as though there is so much to do, still. With all this on your mind, try to push it away for a second and focus on celebrating the true meaning of the holiday season with your family. We’ve partnered with Springfree Trampoline to share how to discover the true meaning of the holiday season with your family.
Give when you can
Don’t be mistaken, you don’t have to give money during the holiday season. As a family, there is a lot more you can do! Giving comes in many forms, here are some ideas to get you started this holiday season.
- Spend time at a local homeless shelter helping where you can.
- Bake cookies for a neighbor.
- Help the elderly with shoveling snow or scraping ice off their car.
- Give your time and energy when you can.
Spend time together trying new things
As a family in the 21st century, it’s so easy to get lost in technology. Put away the phones and try something new together, today! The holidays are all about spending time together, so get out there and try some new things together. Here are some ideas:
- Spend time outside in your backyard. We love jumping on our Springfree together! Plus, it’s the world’s safest trampoline, so safety is one less thing we have to stress about
- Do a home DIY project together
- Go skiing together for the first time. Ask friends or neighbors to borrow skis so you can save the rental fees
- Bake a new recipe together
- Ski together
- Try a new activity together like indoor rock climbing or bowling
- Start a new holiday tradition together
- Invite someone new to your table this holiday season
Don’t be afraid to make memories together
With the hustle and bustle of the world today, it can be hard to stop and make memories with your family. Consider giving your family the gift of an experience rather than a toy! A recent survey conducted by Springfree found that nearly three-quarters of parents say their children only play with toys they receive during the holidays for six months or last.
Memories will last a lifetime so don’t think for a second that you have to do anything extravagant to make memories. There are so many things you can do to make memories together as a family!
Here are some ideas for you:
- Build snowmen together and see who can build the most creative one
- Go sledding together
- Watch an old classic Christmas movie your kids have never seen
- Grab some chalk and use the mat of your trampoline as a canvas
- Meet new friends and go ice skating together
- Go on a winter hike and enjoy the view
Don’t let the stress get to you
Perhaps the number one thing that keeps families from discovering the true meaning of the holiday season with family is stress. Stress can really be a deal breaker when it comes to making those memories. To keep the stress away, there are some things you can do!
- Find a healthy way to relieve stress. Did you now that just 10 minutes of jumping on a trampoline is the same as 30-minute run?
- Release all the expectations you have for the holidays.
- Get a little perspective on what you should be thankful for this holiday season.
- Have the whole family help you, don’t try to just do everything yourself.
- Talk to someone who understands and who can help you.
- Don’t overcommit this holiday season.
So, the truth behind discovering the true meaning of the holiday season with your family is to let the stress melt away. Spend time with family and friends and enjoy every minute of it. The holiday season slips through our fingers quicker than we’d like to admit, so enjoy it, while you can.