Family Camping Starter Pack
If you’re anything like our family, you enjoy camping. There is just something about going out into the wilderness and becoming one with nature. Haven’t been camping before? When camping, you can keep it simple or you can pass some more luxurious camping items. Either way, here’s a list to help you get started.
One of the most important parts of camping is the food. Food makes or breaks the experience of camping. Packing simple, yet delicious foods is where it’s at. Here are some foods you do not want to forget to bring.
- Fresh fruits and vegetables
- Bread to make sandwiches
- Hotdogs, bacon, and any other kind of meat
- Lots of water
- Coffee (especially if you’re a parent camping)
When camping, you will be staying overnight, which means you need to prepare adequately. Here are some items you will need for making your sleeping adventures a little more comfortable.
- Sleeping bags for everyone
- An air mattress to sleep on if you need extra protection for your back
- Sturdy pop up tent
Camping doesn’t require your fanciest clothing, but it does require a few different types of clothing. Check out what you may want to bring to make camping a little more comfortable for your family.
- Swimming suit
- Junk clothes to explore in
- Warm clothes to wear at night, just in case it gets too cold.
- Socks, tennis shoes, sandals, hiking boots
Camping can be a fun experience for the whole family. You just need to remember to pack the right items. If course, you may pack something differently per where you’re camping and who you’re traveling with.
What do you bring for camping? What would your starter pack include?