Apple Pie Recipe
Do you love Apple Pie? We do at our house, but I’ve always been too intimiadted to try making our own. Here’s a simple step-by-step recipe that will hopefully make you feel empowered and able to make apple pie!
Traditional butter crust:
- 2 sticks butter
- ⅖ cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 4 tbsp ice water
- Stir flour, sugar, and salt together in a bowl.
- Cut in butter with a pastry tool or fork until evenly spread throughout. You will have a chunky sand-like texture.
- Add in each tbsp of ice water one at a time, and knead your dough until it is a smooth, clay-like consistency.
- Divide it in half, roll each into a disc and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Prepare the apples:
- 4 Granny Smith apples
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp lime juice
- Peel apples and cut into wedges
- Toss them with brown sugar, cinnamon, and lime juice.
Assemble the pie:
- Roll out each dough disc, and cut into circles that are just a little bigger than your pie dish.
- Press one crust into the bottom of a pie dish, then pour in apple mixture.
- Top apples with a sprinkling of more brown sugar and cinnamon (how much is up to you, I did just a small sprinkle)
- Cover pie with your second crust, and pinch around the edge with a fork to seal the crust. Slice a small slit in the middle of your pie top to vent.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.