Healthy Ways to Sanitize Your Home
Using harsh chemicals on your home can do more harm than good. Did you know that there are healthy ways to sanitize your home? You don’t have to subject your home to chemicals and cleaners. Check out these healthy ways to sanitize your home.
- Vinegar and water – How can you sanitize your home with just vinegar and water? It’s possible! Vinegar is something you should keep in your home always. Not only is vinegar safe to have around kids, but it is biodegradable. You don’t know the power of vinegar and water until you try it yourself.
- Hydrogen Peroxide – Sanitizing your home is easy when you use hydrogen peroxide. Hydrogen peroxide is a good anti-bacterial, so it works out perfect for sanitizing your home. If you want to do cleaning on large surfaces, mix in hot water with the peroxide.
- Lemon and water – Mix lemon essential oil with water and start sanitizing your home. You can also mix citrus essential oil together and start sanitizing your home.
- Toxic free dish soap and hot water – Grab some toxic free dish soap from your local super market, mix it with hot water, and start scrubbing down your house. I love hot simple it is to pour dish soap and hot water together. Please make sure you get nontoxic dish soap to do this task.
- Baking soda – Have you ever used baking soda in your house? It’s amazing how much this simple ingredient can help to sanitize your home. The thing I love about baking soda is that it’s also very inexpensive. Staying on a budget, while sanitizing my house is always a good thing. You can even use baking soda for other things besides sanitizing, you can use it as a deodorizer and an unclogger of your drains.
- Club soda – I had no idea how great club soda was with getting stains out, until I used it myself. You can also use club soda as a one part mixture in cleaning your windows. Keep in mind that you can also use it as a stain remover in your home.
- Essential oils – If you are into using essential oils, you should know that they are a great tool in sanitizing your home. Do the research on which ones would work best for your situation. Due to FDA guidelines, I cannot claim that they do anything “health” wise, but they can be a great tool in your home.
- Thieves Cleaner – Helps clean virtually every surface in your home, including floors, glass, counters, walls, and more. Combines the strength of Thieves® essential oil blend with naturally derived, plant-based ingredients for superior cleaning power. Effectively cleans without the harsh chemicals found in many traditional cleaners
Sanitizing your home shouldn’t fill it with chemicals and bad cleaners. It’s important to sanitize often too, especially when you’re using these healthier ways to sanitize your home. I would love to hear of some ideas you have for sanitizing the home.