The Best Gear for 2016
2016 OUTDOOR RETAILER SUMMER SHOW WINNERS
The Best Gear of 2016
This past week we attended the Outdoor Retailer Summer Show in Salt Lake City and got a sneak peek of new products for the Spring 2017 Season. Over 1,500 exhibitors share their latest and greatest products. While we love getting an insider preview to new products, my favorite part of the Outdoor Retailer Show is connecting with humans in real life, sharing in their passion and learning more about the industry.
These are some of our top picks for family friendly outdoor gear that are either Family Friendly, Innovators, Green and 2017 Sneak Peek.
Things we consider for family friend products are: price point, safety and durability. It’s especially important for us to have products that will last for more than one child using it.
- IGLOO– backpack and haulers.
- VULY – Safe trampoline.
- CATALYST – iPad and iphone holders.
- THERMACELL – mosquito repellent solutions that you don’t have to spray.
- SWURFER – surfboard swing.
- CAMP CHEF – kitchen set and 3 burner cooker
- PACK TOWEL – Luxe towel, perfect for swimming lessons or a day at the pool. Great to keep a spare in the car for emergencies.
- SEALLINE – perfect for after swimming to put all wet clothes in the bag.
- THERM-A-REST – Therm-a-rest double quilt launched a camping line with hammocks, family sized tent, perfect for all your outdoor adventures.
- TRAVELER GUITAR – nothing says camping like singing around the campfire. The Traveler Guitar allows you to bring your guitar but saves space.
- BIVY SAK – get the latest and greatest gear right at your doorstep. Think “Blue Apron” of the outdoors.
- KEEN UNEEK– Paracord sandals
- ICEBUG – Bugweb tracks keeps your shoes gripped to the ground.
- WOLVERINE – Arcticgrip technology and a women’s 1000 mile boot.
- KRIMSON KLOVER – hand painted clothing
- FJALLRAVEN – recycled backpack
- ENO HAMMOCKS – (AKA Eagles Nest Outfitters) made from recycled water bottles
- MAFIA BAGS – repurposed kite sails
- MSR CASCADE COOKWARE – upgrade your chemical ridden camp cookware with a non-teflon/non-stick alternative
- PUFFY PATCH – fix it up, don’t’ throw it out
2017 SNEAK PEEK
- SPERRY – Get on board with the 7 SEAS shoe to launching March 9
- CHAOS – known for their stylish hats, Chaos is adding beach bags to the stylish hat line up
- KEEN – Incanto
- YAX TRAX – Boa system
- SUPERFEET- “Outside” sandals
- HELLY HANSEN – Rose gold Hetta and Loki (these are so beautiful, I want every piece in this collection)
- OPTIC NERVE – Flip off
- THERM-A-REST – Therm-a-rest launched a camping line with hammocks, family sized tent, perfect for all your outdoor adventures.