Top 10 National Parks By Visitors
My family loves traveling to National Parks. Although we are blessed with a lot of National Parks in Utah, you may feel as though you don’t have as many opportunities where you live. I have an awesome list of the 10 Most Visited US National Parks in 2015. Maybe one of these National Parks will get you excited to do a little exploring this year. Check out the top 10 below!
- The Great Smoky Mountains – 10,712,674 visitors in 2015
- Grand Canyon National Park – 5,520,736 visitors
- Rocky Mountain National Park – 4,155,916 visitors
- Yosemite National Park – 4,150,217 visitors
- Yellowstone National Park – 4,097,710 visitors
- Zion National Park – 3,648,846 visitors
- Olympic National Park – 3,263,761 visitors
- Grand Teton National Park – 3,149,921 visitors
- Acadia National Park – 2,811,184 visitors
- Glacier National Park – 2,366,056 visitors
Looking at these numbers, I never would have guessed that the Great Smoky Mountains would have been the #1 National Park visited in 2015. Although, I do see why! I also have some other exciting news to share with you.
Lonely Planet is inspiring people like you and me to get outside and enjoy those National Parks. Check out this resource to learn how to get more active in our beautiful National Parks!
Love to read?
- Lonely Planet released seven new books to mark the centennial, including National Parks of America: Experience America’s 59 National Parks (Hardcover / $29.99 / April 2016), a breathtaking, illustrated tour through every park in the US and its territories, from Acadia to Zion.
- Many of you probably use Lonely Planet as a resource for travel, just like I do. Lonely Planet has released a brand new guidebook, USA’s National Parks (Paperback / $24.99 / April 2016), “Your Best Summer Ever” issue of its new US magazine featuring Yosemite on the cover and a dedicated article on ways to discover the parks, and five completely updated park guides: Banff, Jasper & Glacier, Grand Canyon, Yellowstone & Grand Teton, Yosemite, Sequoia & Kings Canyon and Zion & Bryce Canyon.
Save Money with Lonely Planet
- You can save 25% off National Park books now by heading to shop.lonelyplanet.com/activity-guides.
- You can even get US magazine subscriptions available for as low at $8: www.lonelyplanet.com/usmagazine
About Lonely Planet:
Lonely Planet is the world’s leading travel media company, inspiring and informing travelers since 1973. Over the past four decades, Lonely Planet has cultivated a dedicated traveler community and printed more than 130 million books in 13 different languages to almost every destination on the planet. The brand offers compelling travel content across various channels, including an award-winning website, guide- and trade books, magazines, mobile apps, video and more. Visit us at lonelyplanet.com, and join us on Facebook (facebook.com/lonelyplanet), Twitter (@lonelyplanet and #lp) and Instagram (instagram.com/lonelyplanet).