DIY Homemade Peppermint Lip Balm
Make Your Own Peppermint Lip Balm
Did you know that it is super simple to make our own lip balm?
Having lip balm is great to have on hand for hikes and camping trips.
Only a few ingredients are needed to make this peppermint lip balm.
- 1 and 1/2 Tablespoon Natural Beeswax
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Shea Butter
- 2 Tablespoon Sweet Almond Oil
- 20 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
- Small metal tins with lids
- Using a small pot, bring water to a boil on the stove.
- In a glass dish or Pyrex cup, mix beeswax, coconut oil, shea butter, and sweet almond oil. Place the glass dish or cup inside the pot of boiling water and melt ingredients while stirring. This will allow the ingredients to slowly melt. A small skewer works great to stir this
- Remove from heat and use about 20 drops of the peppermint essential oil and stir
- Pour into the small metal containers right away
- Allow the lip balm to set 24 hours before using
This would be a fun activity to do for a birthday party, summer camp or rainy day activity with kids.
You can purchase metal tins at Uline or on Amazon.com.
We’d love to see your finished product! Share in the comments.