This Kid Saves Lives
Often times when I go to reach for a snack I find myself reaching for sugary cookies, salty chips or breads, in my attempt to get a quick fix for my hunger and hold myself over until my next meal. It’s a terrible habit to have. Recently, though, I discovered a business that appealed to my issues with curbing my hunger in a healthier way but that also touched on my compassionate side as well. This Bar Saves Lives is the All Natural, Non-GMO, Gluten Free, Fair Trade and made with love company that is launching it’s campaign, today.
This Bar Saves Lives is all about giving back and giving to those who are less fortunate. Every year sever acute malnutrition claims the lives of 2.6 billion children. That’s one child every 12 seconds. The numbers are staggering, aren’t they? The thing is, and this is what This Bar Saves Lives strives to make right, is that it’s entirely preventable. Children suffering from severe acute malnutrition have a low weight-for-height ratio and suffer from wasting (extreme thinness) and edema (swelling) which often results from illness and lack of nutrition in their diets. Although it is preventable, it is a serious condition that is currently threatening more than 20 million children worldwide.
What TBSL gives:
- Plumpy Nut – Over the last decade, plumpy nut has become the most important tool there is in fighting the war on global hunger. It’s a nutrient rich paste made from peanuts, milk powder, sugar, vegetable oils and a mixture of vitamins and minerals. Plumpy Nut is revolutionary because it’s simple. It doesn’t need to be mixed with water, refridgerated or cooked and has a shelf life of 2 years. 3 bars a day for 7 weeks and Plumpy Nut can take a child who is on the brink of death and take them to certain survival.
How This Bar Saves Lives Works:
- You’re hungry.
- You buy one of the GMO-free bars.
- For every bar you buy TBSL’s non-profit partner makes a life saving packet of food.
- They send the food where it’s needed most.
- You help save a child’s life.