5 Things for Families to See & Do in Dallas/Ft. Worth
Fun things to do in Dallas and Ft Worth
I love the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. The culture in Texas is very unique. And it is true, everything is bigger in Texas.
There is so much to do it was hard to highlight only 5. My family lives in the area and I have been visiting for years. We are still finding new places to explore.
- Ft. Worth Zoo – This zoo is one of the best zoos I have ever been to. They have been open for over 100 years and boast over 4,600 specimens representing 521 species. We generally spend a half day because the kids get tired but we could spend the whole day.
- The Dallas World Aquarium – This aquarium offers five unique exhibits that allow visitors to experience ecosystems from around the world. Once again, this place is huge. We did spend almost an entire day here. I would suggest not bringing strollers. Most of the exhibits have plenty of room but there are a few where it was hard to maneuver when really busy.
- Ft. Worth Water Gardens – These gardens are simply amazing. I have never been to anything like them and to make them better, they are free. Keep in mind that not all of the areas a suitable for small kids. But there are plenty that are and the one that is not is fenced.
- Grapevine – This is the perfect example of the small, Texas town. They have a farmer’s market open Thursday through Saturday all summer and they have much more than local fruits and veggies. There are a wide variety of local boutiques and restaurants. My family lives in a neighboring town and we visit multiple times a year.
- Ft. Worth Stockyards – I have saved the best for last. The Stockyards offer a look into old-time Texas; complete with cattle drives and museums. There are a variety of museums and entertainment but if you don’t want to pay admissions fee just walk around and enjoy the Texas-themed shops, restaurants, and culture. A majority of the shops are covered and have misters and fans for those hot summer days. If you want to increase your adventure you can ride a train from Grapevine to the Stockyards.