Intermountain Healthcare Health Hub App
It’s that time of year.
Germ season. (read our post on using Hand Sanitizer).
I just can’t have sick kids because if ONE kid get ill, then we all get sick.
So, last Monday, 5 (FIVE!!!) kids in my sons class went home sick from a stomach virus. Not what you want to hear when you pick up your child from school.
When he got home I had him change his clothes and shower. Then, we kept him home for two days. It’s times like this when I feel like living in a bubble maybe a good solution.
Unfortunately, the baby still got a cold virus. I was convinced it was an ear infection with the way he was pulling on his ears and not eating, but it wasn’t. When you child is crying and not eating, it’s really hard to focus on finding a provider. Thankfully, we’d downloaded the Intermountain Healthcare Health Hub App. It allowed us to check a head of time what the wait time was.
We hope that you don’t have sick kids, but in case you do, try using this app to save you stress and time.
If you download the app, let us know. We’d love to know how it works for you.
You can enter to win a $250 gift card to Target.
About the Health Hub App
Intermountain Healthcare has developed a free new mobile app, called “Intermountain Health Hub,” which is an all-in-one tool that makes managing healthcare easier. It gives users many different features designed to simplify their entire healthcare experience, including the ability to access their medical records while on the go. The app can be downloaded for free from the iTunes App Store and Google Play.
Here are 10 features and benefits the new app provides:
· GermWatch: Find out how prevalent various germs are in Utah, and see how their activity level is trending. Learn about symptoms, how germs are spread, treatments, vaccinations, and when you should contact your doctor.
· InstaCare and KidsCare urgent care centers: Hold your place in line before you arrive and compare wait times by Utah location. Also find KidsCare after-hours clinics in Utah and information for making appointments.
· My Health: Users can access the password-protected My Health patient portal, where they can securely message their Intermountain doctor, check lab results and other parts of their medical records with Intermountain Healthcare, and review benefits and claims.
· First aid: Get first aid tips for comm
on injuries such as sprains, burns, cuts, etc.
· Prescription refills: Request refills at Intermountain pharmacies and check the status of prescription requests.
· Symptoms: Search for adult or child/baby symptoms by key word, body area, or alphabetically by topic. Find out when you should see a doctor or call 911. Learn about self-care options.
· Doctors: Find doctors by name, specialty, hospital, clinic, location, and save your doctors to your
“favorites” for quick reference later.
· Locations: Find Intermountain ho
spitals, clinics, and pharmacies near you and save your favorites for quick reference later.
· Pay bills: Pay Intermountain H
ealthcare bills by credit card or eCheck.
· Send wishes: Send cards wit
h personalized messages directly to patients in Intermountain hospitals.
For information on other Intermountain Healthcare mobile apps, visit http://bit.ly/