6 Fall Outdoor Activities
After a long hot summer, the fall season with it’s cooler weather and beautiful colors is such a welcomed change. Here are 6 fall outdoor activities that we enjoy doing.
It is perfect time to be spending lots of time outdoors. While there are lots of activities that are more enjoyable in the fall (hiking, camping, backyard bonfires, etc.) because of the cooler weather, here is a list of activities that you can only do in the fall.
Don’t miss out, GET OUTDOORS AND HAVE SOME FUN!
Fall Activities for the Whole Family
- Apple Picking – This is my favorite fall activity. As kids we use to pick apples with our best friends, then spend days canning and making apple cider.
- Pumpkin Patch – Last year we visited our first pumpkin patch. It was a great deal. We got to pick a pumpkin, enjoy a hay ride and explore a corn maze for one price. Look around your area and see what you can find.
- Corn Maze – I didn’t find it particularly interesting but my four year old thought it was great. Gave him a lot of space for running.
- Rake & Play in the Leaves – May not seem like much but the kids will love it.
- Leaf Art Project – One really easy way to preserve leaves is to cover them in Mod Podge. Just paint it on the leaves using a paint brush, place them on tin foil or wax paper to dry. Once dry, you can make a collage, garland or make a mobile . Possibilities are endless. Check out my Pinterest board at the bottom of the post if you want more ideas.
- Fall Festivals – We are attending a wildlife expo by the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife in a couple weeks. I am excited to get an introduction to OK wildlife and enjoy outdoor activities.
What are your favorite fall outdoor activities?
Follow Mae @ Mommy Loves Trees’s board Kids – Outdoor Activities on Pinterest.