National Geographic Kids 2014 Brand Ambassadors
National Geographic Kids
WASHINGTON (June 12, 2014)—National Geographic Kids announced today the bloggers who will participate in the National Geographic Kids Insider brand ambassador program for the next year. During this time, the “Insiders” will get a behind-the-scenes look at National Geographic Kids, including interviews with authors, explorers and editors. They will also receive review copies of books and products and a website badge.
NGK Insiders 2014 release 6-14“We’re thrilled to continue the brand ambassador program and to share more about National Geographic Kids and our mission,” said Nancy Feresten, senior vice president of National Geographic Kids Publishing and Media. “This impressive group of bloggers comes from all across North America and they are dedicated to raising children who are excited to care about our planet.”
National Geographic Kids launched a beta version of the brand ambassador program in September 2013. This year, the program has expanded from 33 to 38 bloggers.
“We couldn’t be more excited to work with this diverse group of writers, photographers, advocates, nature-lovers and, above all, parents who embrace our mission of inspiring the next generation of explorers,” said Anna Irwin, director of the National Geographic Kids Insider program. “We look forward to providing this select group of bloggers with behind-the-scenes access to National Geographic Kids: our editors, authors, explorers and our mission.”
The National Geographic Kids Brand Ambassadors and their blogs are:
- Amanda Jones, Field Guide to Parenting Outside
- Amelia Mayer, Tales of a Mountain Mama
- Amy Elizabeth Zimmer, We Are MOMO
- Amy Locurto, Living Locurto
- Amy Mascott, Teach Mama
- Amy Thayer, Oh So Savvy Mom
- Andrea Updyke, Lil-Kid-Things
- Annemarie LeBlanc, Tourist Meets Traveler
- Brandi Jeter Riley, Mama Knows It All
- Brandy Nelson, Newly Crunchy Mama of 3
- Crystal Evans, Frugal Washington Mommy
- Crystal Rapinchuk, Surviving a Teacher’s Salary
- Deborah Cruz, The Truth About Motherhood
- Elena Sonnino, Live Do Grow
- Estelle Erasmus, Musings on Motherhood & Midlife
- Fadra Nally, All Things Fadra
- Gina Vercesi, Kids Unplugged
- Heather Pfingsten, Pink Ninja Blogger
- Heather Reinhard, Theta Mom
- Jill Amery, Urban Mommies
- John Willey, Daddy’s in Charge?
- Kathy Dalton, Go Adventure Mom
- Kim Moldofsky, The Maker Mom
- Kristen Howerton, See Skip Run
- Leticia Barr, Tech Savvy Mama
- Lisa Carey, Money Saving Parent
- Lizz Porter, Am I a Funny Girl?
- Mel Lockcuff, Mama Buzz
- Melissa Pezza, The Mommyhood Chronicles
- Natasha Taylor Nicholes, Houseful of Nicholes
- Nirasha Jaganath, Mommy Niri
- Robyn Good, Celeb Baby Laundry
- Rosalynda Thorn, Mommy Powers
- Sommer Poquette, Green & Clean Mom
- Thien-Kim Lam, I’m Not the Nanny
- Tina Seitzinger, Life Without Pink
- Trey Burley, Daddy Mojo
- Wendi Aarons, WendiAarons.com
The National Geographic Kids Insiders were selected because of their passion for getting children to explore the world around them. At the end of the one-year term, the application process will reopen to the public, and a new group of Insiders will be selected.
About National Geographic Kids
National Geographic Kids inspires young adventurers to explore the world through award-winning magazines, books, apps, games, toys, videos, events and a website, and is the only kids brand with a world-class scientific organization at its core. National Geographic Kids magazine (10 issues per year) and Little Kids magazine (six issues per year) are photo-driven publications available on newsstands or by subscription in print and on tablets. The award-winning website kids.nationalgeographic.com excites kids about the planet through games, videos, contests, photos, quizzes and blogs about cultures, animals and destinations. National Geographic Kids Books is the leading nonfiction publisher with 50 titles each year, including the New York Times best-seller “Kids Almanac.” National Geographic Kids Games engages kids to learn through play with games like the online virtual animal world of Animal Jam and the interactive TV experience of Nat Geo Kinect TV. National Geographic Kids Apps bring the best of National Geographic Kids to smartphones and tablets.