It’s the first week of February and I feel something coming on.
Diagnosis: Cabin Fever.
I ski in the snow. I play in the snow. I even like just walking in the snow.
But today I am feeling a little hemmed in… and restless.
I always know when I’ve reached my winter limit because I don’t want to shave my legs. Ever. Again.
Definitely Cabin Fever.
Fortunately for me [and my beloved], I know the cure. My favorite prescriptive activities for Cabin Fever are:
- Indoor picnics on the floor with lots of pillows and delicious gourmet food from our local Pirate O’s.
- Pillow fight. Really. Make it a surprise attack. You’re never too old.
- Long, hot baths with a bath bomb and a good book.
- Taking off for an hour to snap photos in the canyon.
- Star gazing. The sky is clearer in the winter so the stars are brighter and more prominent.
For the rest of the family the website Family Education has a comprehensive list of great indoor and outdoor activities to help combat the blues.
Spring will be here soon, then the heat of summer and I know I will be longing for the sharp, crystal beauty of the snow but for today, I need that bath bomb.