Updated: Aly has offered all you wonderful readers $5 off (only $70). Simply use the discount code “danish5” at checkout. Expires March 10.
Literally, within a minute from each other, I received an email from my friend about this “Breathing Space Blog Retreat” and a FB message from another friend personally inviting me to the event as she is one of the organizers. The event is set in a really unique setting, in Daybreak, where bloggers are able to live “dorm style” for a sleep over. I love the idea of getting away for a mini retreat, but still being close enough that there isn’t a huge travel expense involved. Personally, I love the Daybreak area and one of my business partners and his wife just built a lovely home out there. This event seems like the perfect opportunity to take a break and have some unique experiences with friends.
Now, you might think it’s cheesy that the universe told me to attend a blogger conference, but it did (and do not read “God told me to do this”. That is NOT what I’m saying). What I am saying is that it perked my interest and did a double take. Over the last few years of my blogging journey, I’ve enjoyed attending in person events like Casual Blogger Conference, Evo and Sassy Scoops nights out. What struck me about this conference was the name “breathing space” (what mom doesn’t need some breathing space) and that it’s a retreat.
The event is pretty exclusive, only 75 spots available and 1/2 are still available. For $75 it’s the best price you are going to find for a blogger conference. There are classes on cooking and photography.
Daybreak would like to invite you to spend the weekend with your fellow bloggers enjoying all that Daybreak has to offer. Breathing Space is designed for serious bloggers who want to meet other bloggers, learn fun stuff, and have a fabulous time. The beautiful homes in Daybreak’s North Shore model home village will be your bed & breakfast and home base for this relaxing weekend. Twelve complementary classes will be offered in tennis, photography, interior design, knitting, floral arranging, quilting, yoga, cooking, and more. Take as many as you can fit in, or none at all. Go shopping at Oh Sweet Sadie! in SoDa Row, or take a ride around the lake on a stylin’ beach cruiser. It’s the perfect weekend retreat to trade tips and relax with your fellow bloggers.
Breathing Space will begin on Friday, May 4th at 3:00 pm and end on Saturday, May 5th at 7:00 pm.
Registration is $75 prior to April 15th and $85 from April 15th to May 3rd. Registration is limited to 75 lucky bloggers.
- Four delicious catered meals (Friday dinner, Saturday breakfast, lunch, and dinner)
- Choose seven of the amazing fifteen classes offered (details below)
- Fun ‘dorm style’ sleeping arrangements in the beautiful model homes with up to 6 of your closest blogger friends in a room.
- All the relaxation and fun you can handle.
- Free swag from sponsors!
North Shore Village
4858 West Fish Hook Road
South Jordan, Utah 84095
When registering, please list the name of any friends you would like to share a room with (up to 6). If you are coming alone (yay!), we will be providing your new best friend (roommate).
You can choose up to six of the classes listed below. On the registration form we will need you to rank in order which classes you are most interested in from 1 to 8. We feel certain we can get everyone in the classes they choose, but will fill the classes in order of registration. Your itinerary will be picked up when you check in on Friday, May 4th. Other activities, such as a cute cruiser bike ride around the lake, or shopping at Oh Sweet Sadie and Oopsie Daisy on SoDa Row can be done anytime.
- Yoga at the Breathe Studio on SoDa Row
- A Running Class on the amazing Daybreak Trails with Coach Angie Gates
- Tennis with Tennis Professional, Chad Lassiter
- Cupcake/ Treats class with The Sweet Tooth Fairy, Megan Faulkner Brown
- How to Photograph a room or project with Emilie Decker Ralph or Photo by Emilie
- Best Interior Design Tips by Brian Clark
- Knitting with Anna Adams
- Beginning Quilting with Material Girls Shop owner, Nadine Woodraska
- Cooking for Your Family with The Food Nanny, Liz Edmunds
- Floral Arranging by Brian Clark
- Make-up Tips and Tricks
- Style Please! Simple Ways to Fight the Frump
Friday, May 4th
- 3:00 pm: Welcome, itinerary, check in, treats
- 4:00 pm: Class or Shopping on SoDa Row, including Oh Sweet Sadie!
- 5:30 pm: Class or Shopping on SoDa Row, including Oh Sweet Sadie!
- 7:00 pm: Dinner and Entertainment
- 3:00 pm: Welcome, itinerary, check in, treats
Saturday, May 5th
- 7:00 am: Class (Yoga, Tennis, or Running)
- 8:00 am: Class (Yoga, Tennis, or Running)
- 9:00 am: Breakfast
- 10:30 am: Class
- 12:00 pm: Lunch
- 1:30 pm: Class
- 3:00 pm: Class
- 5:00 pm: Dinner