We LOVE FIZZY BATH BALLS and have been buying them at the store, but they are kind of expensive around $2-$3 each. I thought it would be fun to make our own.
I just did a search for recipes and they look super easy. Has anyone tried these before?
We are heading to the store to buy some ingredients. Wish us luck!
What You Need:
* 2 T citric acid
* 2 T cornstarch
* 1/4 C baking soda
* 1/4 tsp fragrance oil
* 3-6 drops food color
* 3 T vegetable oil
* Mixing Bowl
* Waxed Paper
* Small Cup or Bow
Use your chemistry to make a fizzy, scented bath bomb. Make them for yourself or give them as gifts!
Time Required: 15 minutes
1. Mix all dry ingredients (citric acid, cornstarch, baking soda) in the bowl.
2. In a different bowl or a small cup, mix the vegetable oil, fragrance, and coloring together.
3. Slowly incorporate the oil mixture into the dry ingredients. Mix well.
4. Place 1″ balls of the mixture on waxed paper. They will be semi-hard within 2-3 hours, but allow 24-48 for them to fully dry before storing them.
5. Store bath balls in a sealed container, away from moisture.
6. Add a few to the bath and enjoy! For gift giving, the balls may be placed in individual candy cups.
1. Either fragrance and/or coloring is optional.
2. Suggested vegetable oils include coconut oil, avocado oil, apricot kernel oil, sweet almond oil, or olive oil, although any emollient oil is good!
3. Use small molds to make three-dimensional fizzy bath shapes.
Here is where I found the recipe:
Fizzy Bath Ball