Wondering how to make your own sweet potato fries at home? Check out our tasty video!
Sweet Potato Fries
Let’s talk about comfort foods and eating healthy for a minute. I am one of the first people to admit that they love a good comfort food. Fries have always been my go to when I want a comfort food. I am not talking about sweet potato fries, more like, McDonald’s fries. However, I had to get it together and really get my health act together. This is when I decided that Sweet Potato Fries could be my new comfort food.
You can make these delicious and comforting Sweet Potato Fries right at home. I actually can’t believe how easy these are. If you’re looking for a delicious side dish or snack to make for your family, this is it.
Sweet potatoes have many health benefits. Most importantly, they don’t spike your blood sugar like so many fries do. These Sweet Potato Fries are going to be something they whole family loves, not just you. I have young kids at home and they ask for these often. I think I also enjoy these fries because I can do them on the stove top.
This year, I’m all about making things easier and I’m sure I’ve actually created a recipe to do just that. Go ahead and try these Sweet Potato Fries, I know you’ll love them just as much as we have.
These Sweet Potato Fries pair well with hamburgers, Chili, or anything else you want to make. I haven’t found a recipe they don’t go well with. Tell me your favorite reasons to make these fries.
If you loved this recipe, don’t be shy about sharing it with your friends! I love when I see my recipes floating around the Internet, it makes me happy!
Do you have a sweet potato fry recipe you want to share with us?
3-4 large sweet potatoes
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1 tbsp garlic
1. Cut each sweet potato in half long-ways, and then cut into “fries” around 1-2 inches thick.
2. Heat oil in a fryer until ready. (Test readiness by sticking in a single fry into the oil – it will immediately begin to bubble if it is ready.)
3. Drop fries into the oil, a single handful at a time, and cook for 7-10 minutes. Take out and place on a stack of napkins to absorb excess oil.
4. When all fries are cooked, place them in a large bowl, and sprinkle on parmesan cheese, parsley, and garlic.
5. Toss in the bowl a few times until coated, plated, and serve. You can also top fries with any remaining cheese mixture from bowl.
6. Serve with your favorite sauce.
Comment below and let us know if you like this recipe!