Choosy Chocolates: Thanksgiving Turkey Pop
One of the fun things I get to do is consult with companies in marketing and PR. This past week my friend over at Choosy Chocolates were on Channel 2 Fresh Living. In preparation for the segment, I got to help decide what we should make. We gave these turkey pops a try! My 4 year old daughter helped (she mostly ate the chocolate), but it was easy and something that anyone can figure out. I’d never worked with candy or confections and found that the chocolate waffers you buy at the grocery store are very easy to work with. I found the different candy corn flavors at Orson Gygi and Harmons.
- Oreo (double stuffed or mega stuffed)
- Chocolate candy melts (we like the Orson Gigi brand but Godava or the store brand work)
- Candy Corn (regular, Thanksgiving (Gigi), Christmas (Harmons)
- Lollipop Sticks long or short, either work well (don’t get the cookie sticks they are too thick)(Gigi or Amazon)
- Candy Eyeballs (Gigi or Amazon)
- Parchment paper
- Insert lollipop stick into Oreo
- Melt chocolate candy melts on the stove or in the microwave
- Cover Oreo
- Place on parchment paper
- Insert 6-8 candy corns into the white center of the Oreo
- Place candy eyes
- Let dry approximately 10-15 min
I love that this little turkey didn’t turn out perfect. I had such a great time making these turkey pops together with my kids.