The Snow Canyon park sits quietly tucked amid lava flows and soaring sandstone cliffs is a place everyone should visit when in St. George, Utah.
This colorful desert environment boasts of red Navajo sandstone, lava flows, petrified dunes, white rock, sand dunes, and a cinder cone.
The Perfect Place for an Afternoon Hike
It’s the perfect place to hike if you have kids or friends who aren’t season hikers for several reasons:
- Cost $6: You don’t need to stay all day. You can hike and be back for nap-time
- Short hikes with big payoffs: the colorful views are unbeatable
- Landscape and hiking variety: more than 38 trails
- Hike/Run/Bike: all are acceptable on these wonderfully kept roads and trails
- Nature Studies: Join state park sponsored activities for free. Go on a full moon hike or on a sunset nature sketch walk.
I want everyone to discover Snow Canyon. With the declining percentage of Americans engaging in outdoor activities each year, we can show our children how we cherish our environment and help them understand why it’s worth preserving.