I was talking to a friend recently and we both agreed that February is a tough month to get through. All the fun of Christmas has long since warn off, bundling up the kids every time you step foot out the door is beginning to get a bit old and the days are often grey. Can you relate? I think most of us suffer from the mid-winter slump and certainly feel blue!
To make our year a little harder, we have had multiple ice storms and school has been cancelled so often they don’t know how they are going to make up all the missed days. Even though we get outside almost ever day, we still have been stuck at home more than usual.
- Try a new activity. We tried ice skating and here are some tips for bargain skiing.
- Try a new hot chocolate recipe. Nothing is better than a warm drink after playing in the cold weather. You can find some fun ideas on my Pinterest board.
- Bring your favorite outdoor activities indoors. My son “camped” in his room for a week. Try moon watching from a bedroom window or Dutch oven cooking on the back porch.
- Have a bon fire and roast marshmallows. Or roast marshmallows in your home fireplace.
- Call on friends. Even if you don’t get outdoors together, having friends around always cheers me up.