Disclaimer: Royal Robbins sent me these outfits to review. The thoughts and opinions shared here are my own.
Since becoming a mom, my wardrobe has really changed.
I’ve gone away from corporate suites and given in to comfort and function.
Yes, I fell for the velour wear (and kindly nick-named mine my J-Lo). But have given (most) of mine away. I may have kept one maternity set. But don’t want to become a frumpalumpa.
Now I find myself choosing clothes that can withstand the test of motherhood. The clothes I look for must pass these four prerequisites.
Adventure Mom’s 6 Clothing Prerequisites
1. Kid test – inevitably my clothes will get smeared with baby spit up, snot or blood. The clothes need to be easy to care for and washout easily. All parents are different, but showing up to work with drool all over your shirt or pants is never a plus.
2. Flattering fit – not boxy one size fits all. I want to feel feminine but the clothes need to be durable and can go from playing cars on the hardwood floor to playing at the park or meeting friends for lunch or attending a business meeting. Anyone can benefit from having clothes that are cut better to show off your finer assets.
3. Classy but affordable – I like to look nice but can’t afford to break the bank. Some mama’s can pull off ironed shirts and pearl necklaces to playgroup, but that isn’t my style. There are lots of sporty clothes that fall into the “travel” category in clothing wear. These clothes are meant to go from sightseeing to dinner and not need to be ironed. While you may not actually be traveling in your travel wear, these clothes are great because they don’t need to be ironed and always look nice.
4.Washes Well – clothes that need special care don’t work well in my house. What usually ends up happening is the “special” clothes end up in the wash and don’t get washed on cold or end up in the dryer. While this may not be a prerequisites for you (more power to you) it is something you may want to consider for your next purchase.
If the clothes pass these tests then I know it’s a good fit (pun intended).
Just in time for Spring, I received some very nice clothes from Royal Robbins to review. Royal Robbins has a reputation for their travel clothing and is at a reasonable price point for quality clothes that wear well. I was thrilled to review these clothes and they are the perfect edition to my Spring/Summer wardrobe.
Here is the Royal Robbins Review:
Kick It Capri
What makes this Capri stand out and sure to be a favorite is its Billy G
oat® Stretch Slub Canvas, a durable yet comfortable cotton slub yarn with interesting texture, garment washing for softness and a touch of spandex for stretch. Choose from six enticing colors.
Billy Goat® Stretch Slub Canvas
5 oz., 98% Cotton / 2% Spandex, garment washed, UPF 50+
Durable yet soft, our Billy Goat® Stretch Slub Canvas achieves its suppleness and comfortable fit thanks to a touch of spandex and garment washing. The slub yarn offers a unique texture and surface interest. In addition, UPF 50+ provides notable sun protection and peace of mind.
- Regular fit / Contemporary rise / Tapered leg / 19″ inseam
- UPF 50+
- Tonal stitching details
- Logo rivet reinforced pockets
- Button tab at cuff
- Darts at back of knee for fit
Briza Short Sleeve
This is a shirt you may want to get in every color. The light weight material is idea for summer wear and doesn’t wrinkle.
Style #31415 in , List Price $55.00
DescriptionThe Briza shirt packs a world of performance in its beautiful form. Our garment-washed Briza Dri-Release® fabric, which blends polyester, cotton and elastane, delivers softness, wrinkle resistance, quick drying and odor-fighting power. Note its sweet cap sleeves and tunic length.
5 oz., 82% Polyester / 14% Cotton / 4% Elastane, garment washed
Dri-Release® is a unique performance blend that is cottony soft while keeping you comfortable, dry, and odor-free. Made using a patented yarn construction, Dri-Release® wicks moisture away and is soft to the touch.
- Regular fit / Tunic length
- Cap sleeve
- Banded bottom for blouson
Cool Mesh Tunic
I LOVE the Salvia Blue color. It is so vibrant and beautiful. The fit is very flattering. One thing I really like is the long sleeves and the light weight material.
Style #62159 in Salvia Blue, List price $60.00
Everything about this tunic is cool: its elegant simplicity and lines, its fit and fabric, its travel and warm weather readiness. Made from our Cool Mesh fabric, a garment-washed blend of organic and regular cotton that resists wrinkles and dries quickly, this tunic’s ready for action.
3.8 oz., 94% Cotton / 6% Organic Cotton, garment washed
Ideal for warm weather garments, Cool Mesh is a comfortable blend of regular and organic cotton. Its open-mesh construction, wrinkle resistance and quick drying makes it a perfect fabric for travel to hot, dry climates.
Regular fit / Tunic length
- 3/4 sleeve
- Roll-up sleeve tabs
- Collared with button front placket
- Center front seam with fabric set on bias
- Shirt tail hem with side vents